Finding Flow: Yoga, Dance, Pilates
With Loretta Laurin
June 23 - 28, 2019
Maintain health, fitness, and joy at any age! Enjoy accessible dynamic movement and foundational practices from yoga, dance, and pilates. Lubricate the joints, liberate the spirit, and invite more ease and flow into your life.
Your body tells a story about your life. Stress patterns held in our physical bodies can cause inertia, stagnancy, inflexibility, and distress. Luckily, when we re-attune to our body’s natural flowing state, the mental and emotional self can follow.
Holistic fitness requires a balance of cardio, strength, flexibility, and adaptability. Fluid movement helps to open and lubricate the joints, keeping them healthy as you age. Find your flow with a balance of deep inner strength, dynamic movement, relaxation, and peace of mind.
“Loretta provides a safe, powerful and joyous place to sink into yourself and shake off inhibitions. She is a fantastic teacher making the steps easy to follow and engaging. I leave the class feeling inspired, sexy, and grounded.” – J. Abel, class participant, Vancouver.
Topics covered may include:
- Demystify and deepen your understanding of basic yoga postures that make up a Vinyasa (Flow Yoga), activating your spine and opening your heart.
- Tap into your sensuality with fundamental Belly Dance Isolations to gain access to powerful muscular control and circular motion.
- Enjoy a practice of Bellyfit Flow™ – a dynamic mix of Vinyasa Yoga and dance fitness – to integrate greater adaptability, fluidity, and joy.
- Learn Pilates, Yogalates, & Barre Exercises to support healthy posture, efficient movement, and core strength/endurance.
- Explore Yin Yoga & Release Techniques inspired by developmental movement and contemporary dance, to unwind body tension and stress.
- Experience personal development and community connection with facilitated group activities.
Open to all adults and most experience levels. Must have taken at least 10 movement classes (of any kind).
“Loretta seems to be doing exactly what she’s meant to do on earth – her enthusiasm, energy, encouragement and incomparable positive energy keeps me coming back to her classes. She creates such a supportive space that even the most uncoordinated people like myself are inspired to keep coming back.” – J. Boucher, class participant, Vancouver
Loretta Laurin is a lover of movements and thrives in the juicy space where art meets activism. She has been teaching a variety of embodiment modalities for almost 10 years, including Bellyfit®, Pilates, yoga, and partner dance. Loretta is an SFU graduate with certificates in Applied Human Nutrition, Religious Studies, Sustainable Community Development, and Liberal Arts; and is currently working towards a Masters in Counselling Psychology. She is Hollyhock’s Communications Manager and co-founder of the social enterprise Shift Delivery. Having spent many years supporting rehabilitative clients, Loretta’s teaching style is highly personalized. Drawing upon diverse modalities and experiences, her workshops…
Learn more about Loretta Laurin