Spring is here and the chickens are laying, and laying, and laying, and laying! Farm fresh eggs are worth the expense in every way, for taste and quality, and also for conscience. Here is one way to use up a bounty of eggs.
- 8 fresh free range eggs
- ¼ c fresh parsley
- Generous pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste (approx ¼ tsp)
- 2 cups fresh spring and winter greens and veggies; such as kale, arugula, leeks, onions, nettles, mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese; Red Fox is a favourite
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly oil 10-inch ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan with olive oil, butter, or vegetable oil.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add vegetables, cook, stirring frequently, until just softened
- Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to low and Cook until bottom is set and edges are setting, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top, and move pan to oven until egg is completely set and cheese is melted, about another 5-10 minutes depending on your oven.
- Loosen around edge of frittata. Cut into wedges and serve.