We’ve been so delighted to feed a few hungry bellies every weekend with our take-out dinners this summer. On Fridays we’ve been offering a Summer Grill with our own home made burger patties. This salmon burger has been an all-time favourite. We serve it with a side of yam wedges and a garden fresh green bean salad, followed by a summer fruit shortcake for dessert!
- 1 salmon filet, skin and pin bones removed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill, or ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dice the salmon. Keep ⅓ aside and place the other two thirds in a food processor and pulse into a thick paste.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and the diced salmon, and salmon paste, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form into patties, should make four patties.
- Lightly grill or fry and serve with your favourite buns and toppings. We like to top it with chipotle mayo, tomato, garden lettuce, onion, and a pickle.
Enjoy outside with the summer sunshine!