Whole Human Health: Functional Medicine 2.0
With Dr. Lawrence Cheng and Dr. Devon Christie
September 6 - 11, 2019
Embody your well-being potential! Join us on this four day immersive retreat to learn, explore and experience true health, from a cellular to whole-being level, by connecting to your innate body intelligence/wisdom. Dr. Lawrence Cheng and Dr. Devon Christie expertly guide you through the landscape of Whole Human Health. Together, explore a synthesis of integrative and functional medicine, mind-body medicine, and leading-edge neurobiology, and take home a deep understanding of your personal path to lasting health and happiness.
During the retreat you will:
- Learn how food, exercise, and sleep, as well as how we connect with ourselves and others profoundly affect our biochemistry, health and well-being, and how to balance this by listening to your own body.
- Learn about the latest scientific evidence around prevention and the root causes of illness (functional medicine), the importance of mind-body medicine and how to integrate different modalities of healing (integrative medicine).
- Learn about the latest scientific evidence for optimal health and performance with detailed recommendations for nutrition, vitamins, supplements, exercise, sleep and mind-body practices.
- Explore what factors drive your choices each moment – from socio-cultural ‘norms’ to wounds and traumas from the past and what you can do about it to live and heal in the present.
- Experience a deeper self-connection through daily mindful yoga classes, meditation, holotropic breath-work, sound therapy and nourishing food as a platform for healing and growth.
- Explore radical self-acceptance, recognizing your innate radiant essence that is already whole.
- Create your own personalized optimal health wellness plan.
Dr. Lawrence Cheng MD, CCFP(EM), MPH, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner is one of the founders and directors of Connect Health Centre for Integrative Medicine in Vancouver, BC, Canada. He continues to practice Emergency Medicine at St. Paul’s Hospital and is part of the Research + Development Team at Providence Health whose…
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Cheng
MD, CCFP, RTC, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Certified MBSR Teacher, Certified Relational Somatic Therapist. Dr. Devon Christie is a family doctor with specialization in both Functional Medicine, and Interventional Pain Management. She is also a certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher and yoga instructor, and certified Relational Somatic Therapist. Devon…
Learn more about Dr. Devon Christie