Radical Dharma: The Conversation
With Reverend angel Kyodo williams
June 23 - 28, 2019
It’s time to reimagine a path of healing, reconnect with beloved community, and manifest true justice. Radical dharma, or “complete truth”, is a way to enter the conversation about how the legacy of racial injustice and white supremacy plays out and prevents our collective awakening.
Reverend angel Kyodo williams Sensei helps you to navigate grief, apathy, alienation, and burnout and supports you to engage in an intimate practice of bold, authentic, and inclusive conversation.
Together we will:
- Use the practice of Centering in Presence to build internal capacity.
- Unearth and dismantle myths that deny the history and context of our conditioning.
- Learn to recognize and disrupt the “politics of dis-belonging” that prevent connection.
- Move through the stages from actor to ally to accomplice.
- Discover how to skillfully bring this conversation into your circles and communities.
As you align your values with your behaviours, you become equipped and empowered to respond to the urgent need for action. Anyone looking for ways to deconstruct rather than amplify systems of suffering is welcome.
Reverend angel Kyodo williams, an ordained Zen priest and the founder of the Center for Transformative Change in Berkeley, California, seeks to bridge the racial divides that exist within communities through the power of practice and what she calls “a radical dharma.” Her faith in the transformative ability of the individual grounds her conception of a “presence-centered social justice movement,” where developing greater self-awareness can also awaken a community. In her latest book, Radical Dharma: Talking Race, Love and Liberation, Rev. williams addresses racial injustice and the barriers to a socially just world while pointing to how one individual’s commitment…
Learn more about Reverend angel Kyodo williams