Wayfinding: A Courage & Renewal® Experience
With Dan Hines and Keahi Ewa
June 21 - 25, 2020
We are all wayfinders. Finding our way and navigating our lives and vocations relies on our inner resource of courage. This is especially true when facing a time of personal or professional transition: such as a restless longing for change, a new challenging role, approaching or recent retirement, health difficulties and aging, or the end of a relationship.
The virtue of courage is often celebrated as heroism: brave acts of willpower in scary situations. Yet, courage has a deeper meaning and source. Courage is honouring what is true. Courage is following the guidance of the quiet voice of inner knowing. One can say courage naturally arises as we more fully realize who we are, as our most wholehearted selves.
In a Circle of Trust®, we will renew our capacity for greater courage in an inclusive, safe, and disciplined space of ‘solitude in community’. We will explore leadership using the practices of storytelling, evocative readings, visual images, inner reflection, guided meditations, and facilitated discussions. We will experience the centuries of wisdom embedded in the Clearness Committee process.
Keahi and Dan offer their soulful gifts, their friendship, and their diverse backgrounds to guide a process of discovery from what life experience, wisdom teachings, spiritual traditions, and the open ocean navigational practices of wayfinding may reveal to us.
This program is for you if:
- You are open for the challenge of courageous introspection toward self-growth
- You are reconsidering how you want to offer your leadership to the world, whether you are in a new position, leaving a role, find yourself in another life transition, or hoping to renew your sense of meaning and purpose
- You would appreciate learning with a community of engaged leaders from various fields
- You resonate with the Circle of Trust® approach and the social teaching of the activist Parker J. Palmer and the Center for Courage & Renewal
- You need some personal reflective time at beautiful Hollyhock to walk, reflect, and to breathe in the peaceful energy of the island
Listen to Keahi Ewa explain the importance of team and rhythm, the metaphor of life and the canoe.
Dan Hines is Courage & Renewal® Facilitator mentored by Parker J. Palmer and the Center for Courage & Renewal. He is a political activist, change agent, Anglican priest, speaker, consultant for intentional communities and leadership coach for business, educational, and religious organizations. danhines.ca
Learn more about Dan Hines
Keahi Ewa is a faculty member and coach for the Full Self Emergence program and the Primal Spirituality training series. She also serves as Director of Operations at Sunrise Ranch, a conference and retreat centre in Loveland, Colorado. Keahi has experience as an entrepreneur, in business administration and development, marketing and sales. Her desire is to shine a light of possibility on living a life of unconditional love through personal spiritual healing and knowing. Keahi enjoys hula, singing, ukulele, and, most of all, unabashed laughter!
Learn more about Keahi Ewa