Everyone loves a good recipe handed down in the family. These famous orange chocolate cookies made their debut at Hollyhock around 1986. Try them for yourself and see if they stand the test of time!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white cane sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and orange zest.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.