With peak season between May and September, watermelons are the epitome of refreshing summer vibes. Paired with the concept of salad, you’ve now got the perfect side dish to share with your friends at the beach, on a sunny patio, or at a park picnic.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 cups watermelon cubed
- 1⁄2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ c crumbled feta
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, spices and salt & pepper. Then toss in the onion, olives, and watermelon, and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Toss in the parsley and mint just before serving. Strain the salad onto plates and garnish with the crumbled feta.
Enjoy refreshing summer vibes!