Embody your well-being potential! Join us on this four day immersive retreat to learn, explore and experience true health, from a cellular to whole-being level, by connecting to your innate body intelligence/wisdom. Dr. Lawrence Cheng and Dr. Devon Christie expertly guide you through the landscape of Whole Human Health. Together, explore a synthesis of integrative and functional medicine, mind-body medicine, and leading-edge neurobiology, and take home a deep understanding of your personal path to lasting health and happiness.
During the retreat you will:
• Learn how food, exercise, and sleep, as well as how we connect with ourselves and others profoundly affect our biochemistry, health and well-being, and how to balance this by listening to your own body.
• Learn about the latest scientific evidence around prevention and the root causes of illness (functional medicine), the importance of mind-body medicine and how to integrate different modalities of healing (integrative medicine).
• Learn about the latest scientific evidence for optimal health and performance with detailed recommendations for nutrition, vitamins, supplements, exercise, sleep and mind-body practices.
• Explore what factors drive your choices each moment – from socio-cultural ‘norms’ to wounds and traumas from the past and what you can do about it to live and heal in the present.
• Experience a deeper self-connection through daily mindful yoga classes, meditation, holotropic breath-work, sound therapy and nourishing food as a platform for healing and growth.
• Explore radical self-acceptance, recognizing your innate radiant essence that is already whole.
• Create your own personalized optimal health wellness plan.
Dr. Lawrence Cheng MD, CCFP(EM), MPH, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner is one of the founders and directors of Connect Health Centre for Integrative Medicine in Vancouver, BC, Canada. connecthealthcare.ca
My goal is to help people achieve their highest potential through true optimal health. I believe that we should define Health in its broadest sense – as a state of complete physical, mental, social well-being – not merely the absence of illness. I believe that we can live more fully and vitality by focusing on the foundations of health – food, movement, mind-body connection, love and community.
I realized after many years as an ER physician that what we really need to do is to intervene earlier, much more upstream in the trajectory of a person’s journey. This led me to to explore a broader approach to healing through a Master’s in Public Health at Harvard and subsequently to study integrative medicine at the University of Arizona with Dr. Andrew Weil.
My interest is in preventative medicine, precision medicine, the mind/body connection and using an integrative and functional approach to treat the root causes of illness. – Dr. Lawrence Cheng
Dr. Devon Christie MD, CCFP, RTC, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Certified MBSR Teacher, Certified Relational Somatic Therapist, is a family doctor with specialization in both Functional Medicine, and Interventional Pain Management. She is also a certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher and yoga instructor, and certified Relational Somatic Therapist. Devon has worked with Dr. Gabor Maté in Mexico, learning about working psychotherapeutically in a retreat setting involving the amazonian medicine, ayahuasca. Devon is also a research therapist for a Phase 3 study funded by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, investigating MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for severe post-traumatic stress disorder.
I am devoted to helping people uncover the root causes that lead to illness, and connect with their innate healing power. In connecting with our ‘inner healer’ we may become further empowered to extend this to our families and communities; from personal healing emerges collective healing.
My own experience has shown me that balanced attention to our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of being is essential for optimal well-being, as represented in the medicine wheels of many indigenous traditions. Years of inquiry into the broad and deep field of healing has naturally me to explore world shamanic disciplines and Eastern systems of medicine. My ongoing study of mindfulness practices and altered states of consciousness stems from my passion to uncover technologies that may quickly and powerfully assist us in achieving the deepest level of healing, alleviation of suffering, and true freedom and happiness. – Dr. Devon Christie
TUITION: $495 / 4 nights (meals & accommodation extra)