Residency Service Program
The 2019 Resident Service Program is now full. Please check back in January, when applications will be opened for the 2020 season.
Support our Cortes campus and get an intimate behind-the-scenes Hollyhock experience in our month-long residential program.
- 30 scheduled hours per week of work service in all departments, including experience in kitchen, housekeeping, garden, hosting, maintenance, and production.
- 4 hours/week of facilitated connection circles, dedicated yoga, island adventures, and guided nature immersion
- Hollyhock amenities and activities, including ocean-view hot tubs, presenter evenings, morning yoga, nature walks, oyster BBQs, and more
- 3 delicious gourmet Hollyhock meals each day
- Comfortable shared accommodations with other residents (up to two beds per room)
Residents must have a willing and curious attitude, plus the capacity for sustained moderate to strenuous physical work. Hollyhock can only provide a limited number of placements; please apply early. Longer-term residencies may be considered, subject to space availability and performance review.
A limited number of RSP partial scholarships are available based on financial need. You may apply for a scholarship after your RSP application has been accepted.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an open, positive, and willing attitude
- Wishes to dedicate time to a focused period of service
- Enjoys working with others as a team
- Is comfortable living in a collective situation
- Is emotionally and psychologically stable
- Has physical stamina and is capable of working several hours at a stretch
- Cheerfully takes on essential physical tasks such as housekeeping and food preparation
- Is interested in learning and personal growth
I cannot remember a more meaningful, magical, momentous month in all my life. Truly!! – Past Resident