Dare to Lead: A Call to Conscious Leadership
With Gayle Karen Young Whyte and Elissa Berrol
September 30 - October 5, 2020
Courage is the price that Life exacts
for granting peace.
The soul that knows it not
Knows no release from little things:
Knows not the livid loneliness of fear,
Nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear
The sound of wings.
Dare To Lead™: A Call to Conscious Leadership combines two powerful ways of leading to support leaders who want to build courage, raise consciousness, and elevate greatness – their own and the people they lead.
Dare To Lead™ is based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. Participants will learn a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable:
1. Rumbling with Vulnerability: Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
2. Living into our Values: Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important.
3. Braving Trust: Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
4. Learning to Rise: Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
A Call To Conscious Leadership will enhance the above concepts by providing participants a broader context for leading from their greatest potential. Some of the seminal concepts we will explore together are:
1. Leadership and neuroscience (connecting brain science and behaviors)
2. Adult development theory (understanding how people mature and become more capable)
3. Creative vs. Reactive Leadership (learning to create and respond, not just react, based on old learned patterns)
4. Mindfulness and presence (noticing how you spend your days is how you spend your life)
5. Play (living with joy because life is short)
This rich and robust curriculum will offer participants a respite and a deep dive; time to reflect and reorient their internal compass to help them grow their adaptive capacity to better lead and navigate our complex world.
Tune-in as Gayle Karen Young-Whyte as she gives us insight on self-awareness, trust and credibility, and achieving results within leadership roles.
Gayle Karen Young Whyte believes the world needs more leaders who are “able for” what lies ahead, who have developed the capacity to meet the complexity of global challenges. Working in the field of leadership for the past two decades, it has become abundantly clear to her that there are the visible, tangible, practical, and pragmatic aspects of leadership that need to be executed on a day-by-day basis, and then there is the work of caring for the spaces between people, of seeing complexity and interdependencies, of understanding relationships and power and all the ephemeral things that still excise tremendous influence…
Learn more about Gayle Karen Young Whyte
Elissa Berrol is passionate about helping organizations increase their internal capacity to successfully navigate external complexity. She masterfully facilitates teams and coaches leaders to examine default habits, surface and manage polarities that create stalemate, and create conditions for seeing and shifting unhelpful dynamics. An insightful, collaborative change agent, she pursues strategies and interactions that challenge old narratives, promote diversity of thought, and tap into the inherent wisdom of her clients. Elissa works with leaders and teams at all levels to (re)connect them to their values and practice courageous and authentic behaviours. She has a warm and engaging style with an…
Learn more about Elissa Berrol