Work Exchange Program
“Hollyhock is well-run and organized. Everyone is friendly and helpful and accessible. I felt welcomed and appreciated. Everyone commented on the energy of the place, and I have to agree!” – Kate Reid, 2019 resident
Support our Cortes campus and get an intimate behind-the-scenes Hollyhock experience in our month-long work exchange program.
- 30 scheduled hours per week of work experience in one of our departments, including experience in kitchen, housekeeping, garden, hosting, maintenance, and production. Please specify your preference on your application.
- 3 delicious gourmet Hollyhock meals each day
- Comfortable shared accommodations with other work exchange participants (up to two beds per room)
Dates: Starting on the 1st of the month in May, June, July, August, or September. Flexible dates also available. Longer-term work exchanges may be considered, subject to space availability and performance review.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an open, positive, curious, and willing attitude
- Has the capacity for sustained moderate to strenuous physical work
- Capable of working several hours at a stretch
- Enjoys working with others as a team
- Is comfortable living in a collective situation
- Is emotionally and psychologically stable
- Cheerfully takes on essential physical tasks such as housekeeping and food preparation
- Able and willing to follow all covid-19 safety protocols as required, including sanitizing and mask wearing
Hollyhock can only provide a limited number of placements, please apply early. We strongly encourage applicants of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply. We may prioritize younger applicants who have much to gain from the work experience offered by this program. You will have the opportunity to upload a resume in the application form.
Note that this program is not the same as our regular Resident Service Program which includes other program activities.