Resident Service Program
It was amazing, like coming to paradise to stay for a month. Time flew by so fast, I cannot believe it is already time to pack up and return back to city civilization. – Delta, 2019 Resident
Support our Cortes campus and get an intimate behind-the-scenes Hollyhock experience in our month-long residential program.
- 30 scheduled hours per week of work service in all departments, including experience in kitchen, housekeeping, garden, hosting, maintenance, and production.
- 4 hours per week of facilitated connection circles, dedicated yoga, island adventures, and guided nature immersion
- Hollyhock amenities and activities, including ocean-view hot tubs, presenter evenings, morning yoga, nature walks, oyster BBQs, and more
- 3 delicious gourmet Hollyhock meals each day
- Comfortable shared accommodations with other residents (up to two beds per room)
Residents must have a willing and curious attitude, plus the capacity for sustained moderate to strenuous physical work. Read more about the resident experience on our blog.
Hollyhock can only provide a limited number of placements, please apply early. Longer-term residencies may be considered, subject to space availability and performance review. A limited number of RSP partial scholarships are available based on financial need. You may apply for a scholarship after your RSP application has been accepted.
I was most surprised how the experience challenged me on a personal growth level. I learned that I want to continue on the road to self-understanding. – Kate, 2019 Resident
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an open, positive, and willing attitude
- Wishes to dedicate time to a focused period of service
- Enjoys working with others as a team
- Is comfortable living in a collective situation
- Is emotionally and psychologically stable
- Has physical stamina and is capable of working several hours at a stretch
- Cheerfully takes on essential physical tasks such as housekeeping and food preparation
- Is interested in learning and personal growth
April 12 – May 16
May 16 – June 18
June 18 – July 17
July 17 – Aug 19
Aug 19 – Sept 22
Sept 22 – Oct 18