Resident Service Program
It was amazing, like coming to paradise to stay for a month. Time flew by so fast, I cannot believe it is already time to pack up and return back to city civilization. – Delta, 2019 Resident
Support our Cortes campus and get an intimate behind-the-scenes Hollyhock experience in our month-long residential program.
- 30 scheduled hours per week of work service in all departments, including experience in kitchen, housekeeping, garden, hosting, maintenance, and production.
- 4 hours per week of facilitated connection circles, dedicated yoga, island adventures, and guided nature immersion
- Hollyhock amenities and activities, including ocean-view hot tubs, presenter evenings, morning yoga, nature walks, oyster BBQs, and more
- 3 delicious gourmet Hollyhock meals each day
- Comfortable shared accommodations with other residents (up to two beds per room)
Residents must have a willing and curious attitude, plus the capacity for sustained moderate to strenuous physical work. Read more about the resident experience on our blog.
Hollyhock can only provide a limited number of placements, please apply early. Longer-term residencies may be considered, subject to space availability and performance review. A limited number of RSP partial scholarships are available based on financial need. You may apply for a scholarship after your RSP application has been accepted.
I was most surprised how the experience challenged me on a personal growth level. I learned that I want to continue on the road to self-understanding. – Kate, 2019 Resident
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an open, positive, and willing attitude
- Wishes to dedicate time to a focused period of service
- Enjoys working with others as a team
- Is comfortable living in a collective situation
- Is emotionally and psychologically stable
- Has physical stamina and is capable of working several hours at a stretch
- Cheerfully takes on essential physical tasks such as housekeeping and food preparation
- Is interested in learning and personal growth
Hollyhock is working toward shaping Resident groups that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applicants of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply. We may prioritize younger applicants who have much to gain from the work experience offered by this program.
All 2020 sessions have been cancelled due to our closure over the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for your understanding. Please check back for 2021 dates in the Fall.