Forest to Sea: Earth Based Medicine
With Yarrow Willard
September 1 - 6, 2020
Awaken the herbalist within and deepen your connection to the healing power of the natural world.
Learn to recognize the nature of health, disease, flow and relationship, as you sharpen your senses and grow your connection with the medicinal plants, mushrooms, and seaweeds of the west coast.
In this intensive we will evolve our understanding of holistic health and the earth based medicine path. In doing so, we will explore a variety of techniques, tools, wisdom teaching and old world diagnostic practice, as we build a rich language of relationship with the world around us.
Our time will be broken up into blocks of direct connection, group work, plant walks, medicine making, and mindfulness practices. All woven together with a focus on deepening connection and relationship our path as healers and active stewards of the earth.
Participants will walk away a rich understanding of a variety of healing modalities, samples of the herbal products we make together in class, and an in-depth medicine crafting hand-out to start creating at home with. They will also get a PDF version of all the diagnosis maps, slides, and diagrams used in class.
Be prepared to take notes, get your hands dirty and build your confidence in our ability to support the health of people, plants and planet.
This Program will support you to:
- Learn the language(s) that nature speaks in
- Feel into the intelligent design found in yourself and other organisms
- Read and recognize patterns of health and disease and stagnation and flow
- Harvest and Process plants in an ethically and integral way
- Make a wide variety of plant medicines and herbal preparations
- Get to know the plants, mushrooms, seaweed and other organisms found in the pacific northwest ecosystem
- Weave together wisdom teachings from old world herbal systems
- Build a deeper relationship with people, plants and planet
Yarrow Willard is a second generation Clinical Herbalist and You-tuber known as the Herbal Jedi. Professionally, he is the co-creator of the Harmonic Arts Botanical Dispensary, and director of Wild Rose College of Natural Healing. Yarrow is an influential innovator in the Canadian health food industry, who has developed and brought to market dozens of successful herb and superfood based products. Raised in the ways of plant medicine he delivers rich and original content focused on the modern day need to reclaim health and deepen connection with the natural world. yarrowwillard.com Read my blog on Hollyhock Talks
Learn more about Yarrow Willard