Wild Mushrooms & the Mycology of Consciousness
With Paul Stamets, D.Sc (Hon.)
October 5 - 9, 2020
Save the world, one mushroom at a time. Fungi, particularly mushrooms, offer powerful, practical solutions to enhance both human and ecosystem health.
Through lecture, discussion, and foraging:
- Learn easy-to-grow cultivation methods using a hands-on approach.
- Gain the skills to identify at least twenty-five species of mushroom, both wild and cultivated.
- Delve into fungi’s historic and contemporary uses as food and medicine.
- Learn the secrets of cooking and preserving these delectable treats, as well as how to process them into fibre.
- Discuss the evolution of mushrooms in ecosystems and the crucial roles fungi play in destroying pollutants and up-channelling nutrients for the benefit of other organisms in the biosphere.
Special Cancellation Fee: due to the extreme popularity of Paul and his Hollyhock program, registrants who cancel after July 31, 2020 will forfeit their full deposit. This ensures that the large number of people on the waiting list have time to make appropriate travel arrangements if they’re accepted into the program.
Paul Stamets, D.Sc (Hon.), is the founder of Fungi Perfecti and Host Defense Organic Mushrooms, and has been a dedicated mycologist of 40+ years. He has written six books and pioneered countless techniques in the field of edible and functional food mushroom cultivation. Two of his books, Growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms and The Mushroom Cultivator have been heralded as the ‘bibles’ of the mushroom industry. His latest book, Mycelium Running, How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World, has propelled to the world stage his vision of using mushrooms to help save ecosystems and improve population health. Paul has received numerous awards and honours for his…
Learn more about Paul Stamets, D.Sc (Hon.)