A gift of publicly listed securities is an innovative and creative way to make a charitable gift. Securities can include stocks, bonds, bills, warrants and mutual funds. Federal and provincial incentives have changed to enhance donations of publicly listed securities that appreciate in value. Very favourable treatment of capital gains can enable significant donation of securities to a charity.
- Securities are then transferred to CanadaHelps. Securities are sold and the donation is forwarded to Hollyhock.
- CanadaHelps sends you a tax receipt.
- Electronic delivery of securities is not an immediate process, there is usually a 2-10 day wait for shares and 10-30 days for mutual funds.
- We strongly recommend that you consult with your tax advisor or visit the Canada Revenue Agency for more information on maximizing your charitable gift.
- This information is general in nature and does not constitute legal or financial advice.
This is a learning & healing environment of the highest quality and integrity. You truly live your mission.
I left inspired again about what’s possible. The tipping point for humanity is at hand.
Please contact Dana Bass Solomon to discuss donation of securities. 250.935.6576 ext.227.